Saturday, June 27, 2009

Difference Between Pimple and Acne?

See how I used this 'acne/pimples' on my last post? Well, it's not like pimples and acne are the same...in this post, I'll show the difference between them.

Acne or Acne Vulgaris is stated as a skin condition. Meaning it is what a doctor or dermatologist would normally call it. It is a condition wherein hair follicles are blocked with bacteria. It is because dirt and germs stick to the face or wherever area it is, back, chest, due to the over production of oil from the sebaceous glands. Any way, I won't go to the details here regarding the definition of acne...I'll give it on my next posts.

Acne has many types, here is where pimple goes to the picture. Blackheads, Whiteheads and Pimples are basically the forms of Acne.. When you have a Blackhead or a Whitehead, you can also say that you have an Acne, got the logic?

Pimples are the red bumps in the face, with the white core. Blackheads are black substance seen on the pores, and Whiteheads are white things on the pore(people normally don't notice this). They are all caused by blockage of the pores. Again, I wont go into details, as I just want to state the difference between Pimple and Acne.

I hope I opened up your mind on these facts..A better understanding on the subject won't hurt. Cheers everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment